About Dr Robert…..
BS (US), BAMS (India). B.S., University of Oklahoma, 1972. Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (Ayurvedacharya), Poona University, 1980. www.drsvoboda.com
An authority on Ayurveda, Jyotish and Tantra, this inspirational speaker & author has been much sought after around the world. The first-ever Westerner to graduate from an Ayurveda College & be licensed to practice Ayurveda in India, his lectures and workshops provide great knowledge and insight.
Since that time he has traveled extensively around the world, lecturing and conducting workshops on Ayurveda. Dr. Svoboda has traveled to more than fifty countries in the world, understands six languages and has authored several books. Dr. Svoboda consults with people privately. He usually presents one or two seminars each year at Dr. Lad’s Ayurvedic Institute, which is where the Medicine Buddha Healing Center’s Losang Jinpa, D.Ayur was able to learn from Dr. Svoboda’s numerous yearly seminars since 1995.
During and after Dr. Svoboda’s formal Ayurvedic College training his mentor, the Aghori Vimalananda, tutored him in Ayurveda, Yoga, Jyotish, Tantra, and other forms of classical Indian lore. Vimalananda was also one of Dr. Lad’s teachers as well. After moving to India in 1973, Dr. Svoboda lived there for more than a decade. Since 1985 he has continued to spend many months of each year there and in other lands. The author of more than a dozen books, he serves as Adjunct Faculty for the Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque and for Bastyr University in Seattle.
An evening with Dr Robert Svoboda
Friday 13th June 6pm - 9pm
This will be an intimate evening with Dr Svoboda which will include insights into the ancient healing sciences, his journey with his Tantric Guru Vimalanandaji, the Aghoris and more. Part of the program will be determined by pre-submitted questions from those attending. This will be a rare opportunity and a unique event for those with an interest in Ayurveda, Yoga and for anyone who has an interest in his or her own individual well being.
The Q & A will be moderated by Dr Mark Donohoe, one of Australia's most recognised and experienced integrative medical practitioners and a well-known facilitator of complementary medicine events.
Saturday 14th June 9.30am - 4.30pm
Cultivating Prana Inside You
Prana is the chi, the life force, the breath, the very essence of our existence and controller of all aspects of our being. This workshop will discuss how the life force when appropriately cultivated and directed can help resolve many of today's ailments. This workshop will take an in-depth look into how cultivating prana can help with specific conditions including obesity, depression, and addictions, as well as imbalances that are characteristic of different generations.
Special guest: Simon Borg-Olivier
Saturday morning will begin with a special talk with Simon Borg-Oliver from Yoga Synergy.
Simon Borg-Olivier MSc BAppSc (Physiotherapy) is a Co-Director of Yoga Synergy, one of Australia’s oldest and most respected yoga schools. The Yoga Synergy style is based on a deep understanding of yoga anatomy, yoga physiology and traditional Hatha Yoga. Simon has been teaching since 1982. He is a registered physiotherapist, a research scientist and a university lecturer. Simon has been regularly invited to teach at special workshops and conferences interstate and overseas since 1990.
More about Yoga Synergy
Sunday 15th June 9.30am till 3pm
Cultivating Prana Outside You: Insights into Vastu
Your clothes, your house and office, even your place of worship all serve as “second skins” for you, places where you can feel as “at home” as you do in your physical skin, provided that you understand how prana circulates in these spaces. This workshop will introduce the basic principles of Vastu (often called “India's feng shui), and will offer simple methods of evaluating the spaces of your life and remedying disharmonies within them.
Booking & fee
Normal fee $60
Early bird at $45.
Full Weekend program - Only 80 Spaces
Normal fee $580
Early bird $520
Dates & Time
Fri 13/06/2014 6pm-9pm
Sat 14/06/2014 0930am-430pm +
Sun 15/06/2014 0930am-3pm
Friday 13th June
Sydney Masonic Centre
66 Goulburn St Sydney
Vibe Hotel Goulburn St Sydney
Closest Train Station: St James and Central
Parking: Flat rate available at Goulburn St Carpark
Some titles by Dr Svoboda
- Aghora: At the Left Hand of God, Brotherhood of Life, Albuquerque, 1986
- Aghora II: Kundalini, Brotherhood of Life, Albuquerque, 1994
- Aghora III: The Law of Karma, Brotherhood of Life, Albuquerque, and Sadhana Publications (a co- production), December 1997
- Light on Life: An Introduction to the Astrology of India, (with coauthor Hart de Fouw) Penguin Books, London, 1996
- The Greatness of Saturn: A Therapeutic Myth, Sadhana Publications, 1997
- Light on Relationships: The Synastry of Indian Astrology, (with coauthor Hart de Fouw) Samuel Weiser Inc., 2000
- Vastu: Breathing Life into Space Namarupa, 2013
- The Ayurvedic Home Study Course, The Ayurvedic Institute, Albuquerque, 1985
- Contributions include: Enlightened Sexuality: Essays on Body-Positive Spirituality, ed. Georg Feuerstein, CA 1989
- Oriental Medicine: An Illustrated Guide to the Asian Arts of Healing, eds. Jan Van Alphen and Anthony Aris, Serindia Publications, 1995
- All of Us: Americans Talk About the Meaning of Death,Patricia Anderson, Delacorte, 1996
- The new entry on Ayurveda for Encyclopedia Britannica,2000
- The chapter on Ayurveda for Awakening Body, Mind, Spirit, Aperture Foundation, in preparation
- The Hidden Secret of Ayurveda, 1st Edition Bombay 1980, 2nd Edition The Ayurvedic Press, Albuquerque, 1994
- Prakriti: Your Ayurvedic Constitution, 1st Edition Geocom, Albuquerque, 1988, 2nd Edition Sadhana Publications, 1999
- Ayurveda: Life, Health and Longevity, 1st Edition Penguin Books, London, 1992; reprinted by The Ayurvedic Press, Albuquerque, 2004.
- Tao and Dharma, (with coauthor Arnie Lade) Lotus Press, 1995
- Ayurveda for Women, David & Charles Publishers, Newton Abbot, 1999